Sunday 1 January 2012

The Rez Sisters: Marie-Adele Monologue

When I win THE BIGGEST BINGO IN THE WORLD, I'm gonna buy me an island. In the North Channel, right smack-dab in the middle – eem-shak min-stik (a great big island) – the most beautiful island in the world.and my island will have lots of trees – great big bushy ones – and lots and lots and lots of sweetgrass. MMM! And there’s gonna be pine trees and oak trees and maple trees and big stones and little stonelets – neee- and, oh yeah, this real neat picket fence, real high, long and very, very, very white. No bird shit. Eugene will live there and me and all my Starblanket kids. Yup, no more smelly, stinky old pulp and paper mill in Espanola for my Eugene – pooh! – my 12 Starblanket boys and my two Starblanket girls and me and my Eugene all living real nice and comfy right there on Starblanket Island, the most beautiful incredible goddamn island in the whole goddam world. Eem-shak min-stik! When I win THE BIGGEST BINGO IN THE WORLD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment